Prayers & Practices
Prayers and pujas are powerful methods to deal with difficulties in our lives, such as when facing sickness and death - our own and of those we love.
The knowledge that there is indeed something we can do for those we love, who are sick or dying, can be especially comforting during a time when we may feel helpless.
Also at a time when we ourselves experience suffering, sickness, depression, anxiety, praying with a pure and sincere motivation can ease the unhappy mind and the sick body.
There are many prayers and practices which you can easily perform yourself at home, such as daily recitations of mantras, pujas such as Medicine Buddha Puja. Quite a few of these practices and prayers are in the Kopan Prayer book, or available in booklet form; some of the pujas are available as a CD; all available from the Monastery Shop.
Please also check the FPMT web site for more prayers and practice materials.
You can download the following prayers or practices for your private use
Prayer and Practices: Download here
- Medicine Buddha Practice
- King of Prayers
- Incense puja
- Heart sutra (shortest form of the Prajnaparamita text)
- Advice from Lama Zopa Rinpoche for those facing a surgical procedure
- Light Offering Prayer
- The Meaning of the Short Chenrezig Mantra
- Gyasltsen Temo Pungyen recitation to remove obstacles
- Ksitigharba short practice
- Guru Rinpoche Prayer Short Tendel Nyesel
- Short Tashi Tsekpa – Auspicious beginnings
- Praises to the 21 Taras (English)
- Long Life Sutra
- 16 Arhat puja
- Very long mantra of Medicine Buddha
- Confession of Moral Downfall to the 35 Buddhas (English/Tibetan)
- Padmasambhava Barche Lamsel Prayer
- Benefits of recitation of the Kangyur and Tengyur
- Remembering the Kindness – a special long life prayer for His Holiness.
- Chanting the names of Manjushri
- Practices You Can Do At The Stupa
|Visit Monastery Shop|
|Visit the FPMT Shop|