Volunteering at Mount Everest school
Do you have an interest in volunteering?
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- English teachers:
We are always looking for retired, qualified male English teachers, who can spend a minimum of three months teaching English grammar, vocabulary, to our senior students and can provide English tutoring to our resident teachers.
- Science teachers
Email us for our detailed job description and conditions: Kopan Monastery Office
Please note: Only native English speaker with extensive teaching back ground need apply. Minimum commitment is three months.
More information for potential Teacher-Volunteers!
While Kopan Monastery does not have an official volunteer program, we would be open to hearing from interested people who meet the following criteria:
- Teaching background is really a must. All males, of course, since Kopan is a monastery.
- Someone with an interest in Buddhism, Kathmandu, or Nepal, not necessarily in that order. Kopan is a lovely, peaceful place and a great place to begin or further one’s own Dharrma practice. This is not a requirement, but it might be an obvious advantage for someone who is already on a path.
- Retired teachers are preferred, though a mature, stable person of any age with teaching experience would certainly be considered.
- While teaching, each teacher stays for a minimum of 3 months as a guest of the monastery, following all monastery rules. These include No killing, no stealing, no lying, no intoxicants (including tobacco), and no sexual activity.
- Kopan Monastery offers food and accommodation to the right person, with the option of attending one of our residential course.