Pure Land Incense
A few years after the nunnery was established and the nuns had moved into their new premises it become clear that some reliable source of income needed to be found.
After much deliberation it was decided to make some incense. Incense making is a highly specialized business and the recipes for the different fragrances are closely guarded secrets. However, a very kind Tibetan man agreed to help, and taught the basics of incense making to a small group of nun. The first fragrance, Healing, was created quickly, and the mediation fragrance followed soon after. The third fragrance, Relaxation, with Lawudo incense powder as the main ingredients, was composed in the following year.
The rest is history, as they say.
- Now four nuns work full time in the incense factory, bringing much needed income to the nunnery.
- The three fragrances, packed in attractive, Tibetan style boxes, are now shipped all over the world. Incense sticks are available at the low cost of of US$ 3
- The incense is now created not only in stick form, but also as coils, with a burning time of several hours.
- The coil incense is packaged in beautiful handmade Nepali paper boxes, with a special incense burner included. This makes an attractive gift at the very reasonable price of US$ 5.
- Also available are short incense sticks, packed in simple cellophane paper at a low cost.
You can support the nunnery by ordering this incense from the monastery shop
Please contact us about our wholesale prices for the incense.
SA: Hilary Dirlam