How to Meditate
An Introduction to Meditation
19 - 24 January 2017 (5-Days)
Are you new to Buddhism? Want to see what it’s all about, or just use its teachings to improve your daily life?
This 5-day course introduces you to Buddhist meditations that can be used by anyone to create more peace and happiness in daily life.
These are the topics you will learn about:
- What is meditation ?
- Meditation posture and its importance.
- Purpose and benefits of meditation
- Meditation versus relaxation
- Meditation techniques – focusing on analytical and stabilizing meditations
- Obstacles to meditation and their antidotes
- What is a meditation session and how do we do it.
- Different types of meditation – and why we do them. Eg: using the breath/sensation, visualization, analysis.
Included in the course is one day of silence, giving you an opportunity to experience a glimpse of inner peace.
This course is taught by Ven Tsultrim, an experienced teacher and practitioner.
Details of the course
Check-in for the course is 3.30 pm on the 19 January - you are welcome to arrive earlier. The course concludes with lunch on the last day.
All courses are residential with accommodation and food provided.
Your daily schedule begins at 6.45 am and finishes at 9 pm with the evening meditation. Participants are required to attend all sessions. Silence is kept from 10 pm till after lunch the next day to help to keep the mind focused on the course.
Please note that attendance at all sessions is compulsory. Read more on Course Discipline here.
DATE: 19 - 24 January 2017
COURSE FEE: US$ 80
This includes food, accommodation in dormitory, and a free book. Please note: if you choose accommodation other than dormitory, an additional charge will apply for the room of your choice.
Check the accommodation prices here